Morena Business Association (MBA) is an organization of all Morena District community business people. They own a local business, work in one or have regular dealings with local businesses. Some members are community minded residents, volunteering their time to help improve their Morena.
- promote the community
- increase patronage of MBA businesses
- assist businesses with code and regulations compliance
- identify issues of concern
- implement positive solutions
- As a recognized Community Association, MBA has organized, close relationships with city, state, and federal governments, thereby enabling us to seek and secure outside funding to leverage area reinvestment.
MBA advances the community image via special events – such as the annual Taste of Morena showcasing member restaurants – and informative meetings designed to raise public awareness and support district businesses. Mixers are hosted quarterly for area business people to meet and exchange information, discuss issues of common interest and plan future events.
A monthly MBA general meeting, on the third Tuesday of each month, is open to anyone concerned with the area. The Board of Directors presents agenda items of interest from governmental matters to individual member concerns, and welcomes attendee input. Meetings are currently held 2 – 3 p.m. at Tecolote Nature Center, 5180 Tecolote Road, San Diego, CA 92110. On months when there is a Mixer, there is no general meeting.
MBA maintains this website and a Facebook page, and Twitter profile, and has an identifying community banner program on major streets.
The Morena Business Association is a 501 (c) (6) non-profit corporation.